The Duel - The Inventors Awaken L3 May 2016
WALT use grammatically correct structures.
- What is the main idea of this article?
Never give up when it gets hard. √
- Write one sentence to show the use of these grammatical tools:
- brackets : (an accident for which he later apologised). √
- hyphen : was a genius – almost as clever as Grandpa Sid. √
- ellipses :I invented those for health and safety reasons … √
- Speech marks : “something is upsetting your grandfather” √
- Hyperbole and Humour are used to tell this story. Find an example of each and record below;
He also invented handstands,
Saturdays, and furless cats (an accident for which
he later apologised). √
“You’d think it was the end for me – that Baron
von Spanner had won,” says Grandpa Sid, “but you’d
be wrong. I invented escapology!” √
- Complete the grammar activities on Quill.org. Details of login are on this image. Login with your school google email and password. If you don’t get all questions correct the first time, re do the activity.
In Quill I have been learning to combined sentences.